By T West
If you are just getting started with a website and are currently looking for a few ways to drive traffic to your website then follow all of these tips to start generating organic (free) traffic to your website. This list will be the first of several articles that provide simple and effective tips for getting started. Let’s get started.
- Start a Blog: Generating new content on your website is essential to being crawled by search engines on a regular basis. If you have started a website, then one would assume that you have a topic that you are passionate so take 20 minutes a day to put together an article on a relevant topic. We recommend no less than 3 updates per week or more.
- Register with Every Search Engine: Yes, you know to register with Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask but there are many smaller search engines that you should register your site with over the first month or so in your first month of marketing your website. Use Google and Bing to search “Register my website” and “Register my website with search engines” will get you many of the choices that you seek.
- Register with every top Directory: Unfortunately there are hundreds of directory’s to register your site with but it is a necessary evil. Some directory’s are worth more than others. A quick Google or Yahoo search will help you find the most popular. This is a tedious process but you will want to have as many quality back links to your site as possible in order to grow in organic search. A back link is having a popular site with a link to your website.
- Register with Social Bookmarking websites: Make sure that you have a presence on the social bookmarking sites like Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon and many more. You will need to register so that you can submit articles that you find are interesting along with some of your own articles that you have written. We also suggest that you have tools for those visiting your website to tag the social bookmarking websites with your articles if they like the topic.
- Define your Tag’s and Description of your website: As you register your website with each search engine, directory and social bookmarking website, you will need to have concise (short) description and tag line. Also do research and find which 6 to 8 tags (one word descriptions) that you will enter on several of these sites.
Starting with these five items will provide you with quite a bit of insight on other ideas about marketing your website or blog. Here is a list of websites for more SEO Tips. In future articles we will provide additional tips for those that have done all of the included tips and are ready to move on the next set. If you have any idea’s or suggestions – Please send us a note. Best of luck with your new website.
T West is an editor at http://www.faslist.com – A place for the Best and Top Lists. Get list updates onTwitter @Faslist
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=T_West